Thursday, January 27, 2011

Selling Online

Over the past couple of years I've been making handmade earrings and the occasional bracelet. I've never really sold anything I've made mostly given it away as a gift. Two months ago I post two pair of earrings I made on a site called Etsy. This web site deals mostly with handmade items which is great because I have a box of earrings I need to sell.

My reason for posting only two items was simply put I wanted to see if I could get any interest which seems to be an impossible task. I guess I need to post more things but I'm weary of not finding anyone to buy what I'm selling. I check out other stores that sell handmade jewelry thinking my stuff looks just as good as theirs. I've posted each item on my fb page hoping to get some interest but still nothing. So I've decided its time to write a new blog to start the year.

I also am an ebay seller well at least I'm the one doing the posting even if its my brother's account. I sell original movie posters that I got from working at a movie theater. Movie theater posters are made from high quality paper unlike the stuff you find in the stores. I've even posted them on my fb and my brother's but still no response.

I currently am severely underemployed and thought that if I got back into selling posters I might make a little profit to counteract my lack of work. Maybe just maybe if I post some more posters and jewelry I'll get someone interested. I shipped most of my stuff to the states with a limited amount of international shipping. International shipping is outrageous which is probably why I rarely get buyers from outside of continental US.

No comments: