Thursday, January 27, 2011

Movie Posters

As I mentioned in a previous blog I sell original movie posters. When most people think of movie posters that can be purchased they think of the ones sold in video and craft stores but mine are the ones seen in a movie theater.

I consider myself very lucky to have acquired a small collection of movie posters. All my posters are original double sided posters that adorn theater walls. I have four different posters currently for sale on ebay.

All of my poster listing are Buy It Now instead of the traditional Auction style. I can mail out purchaser's item as soon as it is paid for without having to wait for auction to end. Since I usually have more than one copy of each poster this feature is easier to use. I don't think there has been a dissatisfied customer that has purchased one of my posters.

I don't even think my prices are too high although I did have someone ask me to lower the cost of shipping on a particular bus shelter poster so they could buy it. The person that made the request never bought the poster instead someone else bought it. I learned my lesson never lower your shipping just because someone said they would buy it if the shipping was cheaper. The tubes that bus shelter posters come in are much longer than the ones I use to ship the standard 27x40 poster in which is why it shipping cost for bus shelter posters is much greater.

I currently have two posters from Rent: Filmed Live on Broadway.



I also have four posters from Hannah Montana: The Movie starring Miley Cyrus. I think its a good price for Hannah Montana fans, if they still exist.


I have five copies of the poster Leap Year which features Amy Adams and Matthew Goode. I think of Ireland every time I look at it.


Also for sale is the poster Bride Wars which features Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway dressed in lovely wedding dresses. I have 3 copies of this particular poster.


All of my poster came from the theater where I work, while most might never have left the tube they were originally shipped in some show minor wear and tear along the edges. Minor is just that minor and if you put the poster in a frame you probably wouldn't notice any minor tears along the edges. The following link will lead you to all the posters mentioned in this blog.

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=995351&styleid=85&siteid=0

No comments: