Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday 2nd of January

On the first day of January in the 2009 I decided to start blogging more. I saw the episode of Martha Stewart on Blogging which got me to thinking I really should blog more. Maybe just maybe it would help in my quest to make this year better. Like I said in my previous blog I have a list of small goals I want to fulfill. I will try my best to complete each task I have set forth.

Today was the first day I've been to work since the new year began. It seems like I dread getting up every time I have to work. I've been having this feeling since last summer when my hours got almost chopped in half. I thought the day started out good I wasn't late which was good because my cell phone is probably down to 2.00 dollars available for calling.

However I didn't do what I should have done at work. I was porter which basically means I have to check the bathrooms but I didn't do it while I was on door. I guess I sorta knew I'd get a write up for that. Then the GM who I detest with all the fiber of my being put down that I didn't properly do theater checks. The guy is just a jerk who thinks he's this super human we should put on a pedestal. So not only did I get two write ups on one sheet but I got movie privileges taken away for 60 days. I haven't told my brother who was looking forward to seeing a movie this weekend.

I've decided to take this 60 day opportunity to find a better job. I don't know how I'm gonna do it but I swear I will be gone before the 60 days. I deserve a lot of credit for staying at a company where I feel unappreciated everyday I work. No one should ever go to work feeling the way I do. I know a few people who left the theater only to land on their feet. I'm sure that will happen to me but I will continue to work everyday I'm scheduled knowing that one day soon I will say goodbye for good.

Earlier this morning I wasn't feeling good mostly having an upset tummy. It has since subsided.

Tonight my mom gave me the money to get an electric blanket for my bed because our house is so cold that I can't keep my bed warm. I'd been using a heating pad but after a while it would turn off. Now I can go to bed and stay warm through the night into the morning.

I got online tonight regretting what I had written to some guy only to find that he had sent me the most beautiful letter. It moved me to tears but they were tears of joy instead of sadness. I wrote him back telling him my story well at least an abridged version.

Tonight I sent an email to a local radio personality hoping that she might be able to steer in the right direction as I look for a new job. Maybe with some help I will find a better job that offers real benefits instead of crappy perks that can be taken away at will. I'm sure I will sleep better tonight in my new warm bed hoping that tomorrow will be better.

To anyone that reads these blogs my peace be with you. Have a good night and I will see you back here tomorrow night.


No comments: